DERS orientation is a 3.5 hour online asynchronous course that prepares you to understand how the DERS can be used as a tool for classroom observation and continuous improvement. Participants will learn to identify classroom indicators which support development and understand how to read a report. The orientation includes six modules, which learners complete with the support of a DERS trainer.
1) Opening Activity: Observation
2) What and Why: Measuring What Matters
3) DERS Scoring Guides
4) Scoring Discussion
5) Reading and Understanding a Report
6) Closing Reflection
Before beginning the course, please view this short video tutorial on how to use our online learning portal:
All sales are final.
Paying by invoice or check: We accept payment via most credit cards. To request an invoice, use this form. You will not be registered until your invoice is paid. Once your invoice has been paid, we will enter your registration and confirm via email. For questions about payment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Objectives: Users will be able to
1) Explain the research behind the DERS,
2) Understand the scoring guide and process, and
3) Read a DERS report that has been generated by a DERS trained observer.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate DERS Orientation
Your cart is empty