DERS training is a 5-hour online asynchronous course that prepares you to use the DERS effectively as a tool for classroom observation and continuous improvement. Participants will learn to identify, evaluate, and record classroom indicators which support development. This course will launch April 1st, 2019; users will have until the end of April to complete the training and certification process. The training includes eight modules, which learners complete with the support of a DERS trainer.
1) Opening Activity: Observation
2) What and Why: Measuring What Matters
3) Using the App
4) Training Score Report Submission
5) DERS Quiz
6) Guided Practice (due April 18th)
7) Certification Task (due April 27th)
8) Closing Reflection
Upon completion, DERS Observers will receive a one-year DERS Subscription and a DERS Observer Certificate. At the end of the course, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a one-hour live Zoom call with a DERS trainer on Monday, April 29th from 5-6pm ET to ask questions and refine their understanding of key items and indicators.
Before beginning the course, please view this short video tutorial on how to use our online learning portal:
Learning Objectives: Users will be able to
1) Explain the research behind the DERS,
2) Orient how to work the tool on an iPad, and
3) Complete a series of video observations.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate DERS Certification
Your cart is empty